| Texts, References and Notes
- Ward Cheney & David Kincaid, Numerical Mathematics and Computing,
7th edition, Brooks/Cole, CENGAGE Learning, 2014.
Relevant information about this book can be found
It is available for purchase from
the McGill Bookstore Web site.
The following sections will be covered (tentatively):
1.1-1.4, 2.1-2.3, 3.1-3.3, 4.1-4.3, 5.1, 5.3, 5.4, 6.1-6.2,
7.1-7.2, 8.1, 9.1.
- Michael Overton, Numerical Computing with IEEE Floating
Point Arithmetic, SIAM, 2004.
Its e-copy is available from McGill Library.
- Uri Ascher and Chen Greif: A First Course in Numerical Methods,
- Walter Gander, Martin J. Gander, and Felix Kwok:
Scientific Computing - An Introduction using Maple and MATLAB,
- Cleve Moler: Numerical Computing with MATLAB,
Individual chapters can be downloaded from the author's
Lecture notes are avalable from McGill's myCourses.