- MATLAB Information
MATLAB is by far the best environment for experimentation in numerical
computing. Although by itself it is not the most efficient choice
for large-scale computing, it can be used to call compiled C and Fortran
routines and experiment with the results. MATLAB is a product of
There are many free MATLAB online tutorials .
- You can register on The Mathworks
with your email@example.com address and it will allow you to download and install MATLAB on your machine.
You can also use MATLAB Online.
- Some MATLAB programs
- Gaussian elimination with no pivoting genp.m
- LU factorization with no pivoting lunp.m
- Gaussian elimination with partial pivoting gepp.m
- LU factorization with partial pivoting lupp.m
- Examining solution to a 2 by 2 linear system with GENP
- Examining residual and errors for a family of linear equation problems.
- The bisection method for solving a nonlinear equation
- Newton's method for for solving a nonlinear equation
- Two examples used for testing the bisection method and Newton's method.
- Computing the coefficients of the Newton form of polynomial
- Evaluating the Newton form of an interpolating polynomial for some x
- Main programs for two polynomal interpolation examples
- Euler's method
- Trapezoidal Euler's method
- Midpoint Euler's method
- Test Euler's, trapezoidal Euler's and midpoint Euler's methods