- Ward Cheney & David Kincaid, Numerical Mathematics and Computing, 7th edition, Brooks/Cole, CENGAGE Learning, 2014. Relevant information about this book can be found here.
The following sections will be covered (tentatively): 1.1-1.4, 2.1-2.3, 3.1-3.3, 4.1-4.3, 5.1, 5.3, 5.4, 6.1-6.2, 7.1-7.2, 9.1.
- Michael Overton, Numerical Computing with IEEE Floating Point Arithmetic, SIAM, 2004. Student price: US $24.00
The part which will be covered by this course can also be found in "Floating Point Representation and the IEEE Standard" (1997) (PDF file)
- Uri Ascher and Chen Greif: A First Course in Numerical Methods, SIAM, 2011.
- Walter Gander, Martin J. Gander, and Felix Kwok: Scientific Computing - An Introduction using Maple and MATLAB, Springer, 2014.
- Cleve Moler: Numerical Computing with MATLAB, SIAM, 2004. Individual chapters can be downloaded from the author's web site
Lecture NotesLecture notes are avalable from McGill's myCourses.