- MATLAB Information
MATLAB is by far the best environment for experimentation in numerical
computing. Although by itself it is not the most efficient choice
for large-scale computing, it can be used to call compiled C and Fortran
routines and experiment with the results. MATLAB is a product of
A Free MATLAB Online Tutorial .
An outdated but still very useful
MATLAB Primer, Kermit Sigmon, 3rd ed.
- How to run MATLAB on CS linux or FreeBSD machines?
Type "matlab" on a terminal window.
- Some MATLAB codes
- Gaussian elimination with no pivoting genp.m
- Gaussian elimination with partial pivoting gepp.m
- Examining solution to a 2 by 2 linear system with GENP
- Examining residual and errors for a family of linear equation problems.
- The bisection method for solving a nonlinear equation
- Newton's method for for solving a nonlinear equation
- Two examples used for testing the bisection method and Newton's method.
- Computing the coefficients of the Newton form of polynomial
- Evaluating the Newton form of an interpolating polynomial for some x
- Main programs for two polynomal interpolation examples
- Euler's method