Jackie Chi Kit Cheung — 張智傑
Canada CIFAR AI Chair, Mila
Reasoning and Learning Lab
School of Computer Science, McGill University
McGill Office: McConnell 108N
Mila Office: D2097
Phone: 1 (514) 398-5491
E-mail: jcheung with the suffix (@cs.mcgill.ca)
3480 University, McConnell Engineering, Room 318
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0E9
Mila Research Institute
Centre for Research on Brain, Language and Music
Centre for Intelligent Machines
News and Recent Activities
- Yue Dong has successfully defended her dissertation! Congratulations, Dr. Dong! She will be an assistant professor at UC Riverside starting in January 2023!
- Malik Altakrori has successfully defended his dissertation! Congratulations, Dr. Altakrori!
- Jad Kabbara's work on presupposition won a Best Short Paper award at COLING 2022!
- Check out the new McGill NLP group website.
- Jad Kabbara has successfully defended his dissertation! Congratulations, Dr. Kabbara!
- Are you a prospective student or looking for a postdoc position? See this page for more details. Note that I'm unlikely to take any more new students in 2022 or the first half of 2023.
- Natural language processing
- Natural language generation
- Automatic summarization
- Computational semantics
- Commonsense reasoning in text
- Applications of NLP
My group conducts research in natural language processing (NLP), an area of artificial intelligence in which we build computational models of human languages such as English or French. The goal of our research is to develop useful and beneficial NLP systems that can support people in accomplishing complex tasks.
In our lab, we investigate machine learning techniques for making predictions about language and analyze NLP systems, datasets, and tasks using insights from linguistics and psychology. We not only produce state-of-the-art systems for natural language generation according to existing benchmarks, we also propose challenge datasets and evaluation measures. We also like thinking about the broader context of NLP technologies in education, health, and language revitalization.