Jackie Chi Kit Cheung — 張智傑
Canada CIFAR AI Chair, Mila
Reasoning and Learning Lab
School of Computer Science, McGill University
McGill Office: McConnell 108N
Mila Office: D2097
Phone: 1 (514) 398-5491
E-mail: jcheung with the suffix (@cs.mcgill.ca)
3480 University, McConnell Engineering, Room 318
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0E9
Mila Research Institute
Centre for Research on Brain, Language and Music
Centre for Intelligent Machines
News and Recent Activities
- Ali Emami has successfully defended his dissertation and is now an Assistant Professor at Brock University!
- Consider submitting your excellent work to the EMNLP 2021 Workshop on New Frontiers in Summarization!
- Are you a prospective student or looking for a postdoc position? See this page for more details.
- Natural language processing
- Computational semantics
- Natural language generation
- Automatic summarization
- Commonsense reasoning in text
My group conducts research in natural language processing (NLP), an area of artificial intelligence in which we build computational models of human languages such as English or French. The goal of our research is to develop computational methods for understanding text and speech, in order to generate language that is fluent and appropriate to the context.
In our lab, we investigate statistical machine learning techniques for analyzing and making predictions about language. Several current projects include summarizing fiction, extracting events from text, and adapting language across genres.