Jackie Chi Kit Cheung — 張智傑
Reasoning and Learning Lab
School of Computer Science
Office: McConnell 108N
Phone: 1 (514) 398-5491
E-mail: jcheung with the suffix (@cs.mcgill.ca)
McConnell Engineering Building, Room 318
Montreal, Quebec H3A 0E9
Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms
Centre for Research on Brain, Language and Music
Centre for Intelligent Machines
News and Recent Activities
- We have released the Wikilinks Rare Entity Prediction Dataset! See our EMNLP 2017 paper for details.
- Teaching in Winter, 2018: COMP 424 (Artificial Intelligence)
- Consider submitting to Canadian AI 2018, to be held in Toronto. I will be one of the program chairs.
- I co-organized the EMNLP 2017 Workshop on New Frontiers in Summarization.
- Are you a prospective student or looking for a postdoc position? See this page for more details.
- Natural language processing
- Computational semantics
- Natural language generation
- Automatic summarization
My group conducts research in natural language processing (NLP), an area of artificial intelligence in which we build computational models of human languages such as English or French. The goal of our research is to develop computational methods for understanding text and speech, in order to generate language that is fluent and appropriate to the context.
In our lab, we investigate statistical machine learning techniques for analyzing and making predictions about language. Several current projects include summarizing fiction, extracting events from text, and adapting language across genres.