News and points of interest:
- Find out about our intelligent wheelchair, SmartWheeler.
- Interesting upcoming workshops:
- AAAI-14 Workshop on Sequential Decision-Making with Big data, which I 'm co-organizing with Amir-massoud Farahmand, Andre Barreto, Mohammad Ghavamzadeh and Doina Precup.
- RSS-14 Workshop on Women in Robotics, which I'm co-organizing with Maren Bennewitz, Leila Takayama and Andrea Thomas.
- A survey of online POMDP methods:
- S. Ross, J. Pineau, S. Paquet, B. Chaib-draa. "Online Planning Algorihtms for POMDPs". Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR). Volume 32, pages 663-704. 2008. [.pdf]
- Some of our papers on Bayesian Reinforcement Learning:
S. Ross, J. Pineau, B. Chaib-draa, P. Kreitmann. "A Bayesian Approach for Learning and Planning in Partially Observable Markov Decision Processes". Journal of Machine Learning. 2011. [.pdf]
- S. Ross & J. Pineau. "Model-Based Bayesian Reinforcement Learning in Large Structured Domains". Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI). 2008.[.pdf]
- S. Ross, B. Chaib-draa, & J. Pineau. "Bayesian Reinforcement Learning in Continuous POMDPs with Application to Robot Navigation". ICRA 2008. [.pdf]
- S. Ross, B. Chaib-draa, & J. Pineau. "Bayes-Adaptive POMDPs". NIPS 2007. [.pdf]
- New ideas on extracting semantic information from Wikipedia:
- R. West, D. Precup, J. Pineau. "Automatically Suggesting Topics for Augmenting Text Documents". The 19th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM). 2010. [.pdf]
- R. West, D. Precup, J. Pineau. "Completing Wikipedia's Hyperlink Structure through Dimensionality Reduction". The 18th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM). 2009. [.pdf]
- R. West, J. Pineau and D. Precup. "Wikispeedia: An Online Game for Inferring Semantic Distances between Concepts". International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI). 2009. [.pdf]