Application Period: Oct. 30, 2019 - Nov. 15, 2019
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Nous n'acceptons plus les candidatures pour ce poste.
Position Title: Casual Research Assistant
Hiring Unit: Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of McGill University
Supervisor: Dr. Tibor Schuster
Work Location: 5858, chemin de la Côte-des-Neiges, Suite 300, Montréal, QC H3S 1Z1
Hours/Week & Schedule: 20 to 35 hours per week, flexible hours depending upon work
Hourly Wage: Starting at $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
Planned Start Date & End Date: November 25, 2019 – March 31, 2020, with possibility of extension
The Casual Research Assistant (CRA) is an employee hired to perform tasks that will include, but are not limited to, the performance of web-development and programming tasks for research projects of the Methodological Component of the Quebec SPOR SUPPORT Unit (Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research, Support for People and Patient-Oriented Research and Trials). Under the general direction of Dr. Tibor Schuster, the CRA will have the following responsibilities:
• Implementation, validation and visualization of data analytical routines using Python / R / Julia / Shiny or other suitable software for building interactive graphical user interfaces (web-applications, online dashboards)
• Maintain secure handling of data and confidentiality related to sensitive information at all times
• Work independently as well as in a dynamic research team focusing on research objectives and switching priorities when the need arises
• Assist with preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication
• Create presentations for research group meetings and conferences
Master’s degree in Data Science, Web-Development, (Bio-) Statistics, Computer Science or other related fields is required. Applicants with a background or experiences in web development will be prioritized.
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with web programing and/or statistical programing
• Ability to make rational decisions based on own expertise on the software and subject area
• Keen attention to details and quality assurance
• Ability to work in a team environment and communicate findings and challenges
• Spoken and written English is required, and French is an asset
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to Ms. Ruotong Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.