Application Period: Aug. 13, 2019 - Aug. 20, 2019
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Nous n'acceptons plus les candidatures pour ce poste.
Contact: sheryl AT cs DOT
Research Associate Position
We apply human-computing and crowdsourcing techniques on a gaming platform to offer a solution to the production of high-quality multiple sequence alignments for very large read data sets for microbiome research. We are currently searching for a Lead Scientist / Project Director
This project is co-led by Jérôme Waldispühl (McGill), Attila Szantner (Massively Multiplayer Online Science), Sébastien Caisse (Gearbox Software Quebec), Mathieu Blanchette (McGill) and Rob Knight (UCSD).
· Scientific coordination of a multi-site scientific project involving industry partners
· Design and customize a research agenda, monitor the progresses, adjust the objectives
· Interact with other bioinformatics and microbiology team members to fine-tune the scientific pipeline
· Develop visualization and human-computing systems for molecular and cellular biology
· Contribute to interactions with industry partners to define crowdsourcing solutions
· Validate the scientific integrity of data and methods transferred to collaborators
· Participate to the supervision of graduate and undergraduate students
· Participate to the redaction of scientific papers or reports to the funding agencies and partners.
S Start Date:October 1st, 2019 (Earlier start is possible)
Duration: 3 years (possibility of extension)
Hours: Full time position
Salary: $27.18 - $38.42 per hour, as per McGill Guidelines, depending on qualifications and experience
· Hold a PhD degree in microbiology, bioinformatics or related fields
· Solid background in molecular biology and microbiology
· Experience in interdisciplinary research
· Asset: Experience in programming and/or human-computing
How to apply: Send your CV and cover letter to:email@example.com