The Sphere-of-Influence graph, its applications and techniques for computing it has been investigated in the following literature, among others:
- A Graph Theoretical Primal Sketch; Godfried T. Toussaint; Computational Morphology, North-Holland, 1988.
- Remarks on the Sphere of Influence Graph; David Avis, Joe Horton; Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol 440, 1985.
- Pattern Recognition and Geometric Complexity; Godfried T. Toussaint; In proceedings, 5th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Miami Beach, December 1980, Pp. 1-24.
- Computational Geometric Problems in Pattern Recognition; Godfried T. Toussaint; In Pattern Recognition Theory and Applications; J Kittler, Ed. NATO Advanced Study Institute, Oxford University, Oxford, England.
- Proximity Graphs for Defining Surfaces over Point Clouds; Jan Klein and Gabriel Zachmann; Eurographics Symposium on Point-based Graphics, 2004.
- Algorithms for Reporting and Counting Geometric Intersections; J.L. Bentley and T.A. Ottman; IEEE Transactions on Computing, C-28, Pp. 643-647,1979 .
- Computational Geometry in C; Joseph O'Rourke; Second Edition; Cambridge University Press, 1998.
- Seeing is Deceiving: The Psychology of Visual Illusions; S. Coren and J. S. Girgus; Lawrence Erelbaum Associates, 1978