My research interests fall into the areas of history and philosophy of mathematics and science, epistemology, and cognitive science. In particular, I am interested in the developments in the 19th and early 20th century that led to the emergence of modern mathematics and logic, and in systematic investigations regarding axiomatics, analogical reasoning, concept formation, the use of notation, and theory development. I am also involved in editorial projects of the works of Bernays, Hilbert, and Carnap.
- My paper "Mathematical practice and conceptual metaphors: On cognitive studies of historical developments in mathematics" has appeared in Topics in Cognitive Science (April 2013).
- My paper "The correspondence between Moritz Pasch and Felix Klein" has appeared online in Historia Mathematica (March 2013).
- My paper "Axioms in mathematical practice" has appeared in Philosophia Mathematica (January 2013).
- My paper "Mathematical concepts and investigative practice" has appeared in the collection Scientific Concepts and Investigative Practice (October 2012).
- Since September 2012 I am the Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Philosophy Department at McGill University.
- My paper "Methodological reflections on typologies for numerical notations" (with Theodore R. Widom) has appeared in Science in Context (April 2012).
- From January 14 to February 29, 2012 I was a Research Fellow at Center for Interdisciplinary Research (ZIF) in Bielefeld, Germany.
- ... old news.