Photo credit: R'ay Fodor
McConnell Engineering Bldg., Room 225
3480 University St.
Montréal, QC, H3A 0E9
Mathieu Nassif is a Ph.D. student in Computer Science at McGill University. His research focuses on the extraction, representation, and manipulation of knowledge in software systems to optimize the contribution of developers.
Mathieu received a M.Sc. in Computer Science from McGill University in 2018. His thesis explored a flexible approach to embed documentation directly in source code to reduce the redundancy of information in software systems while improving documentation quality. Mathieu received a B.Sc. in Mathematics from Université de Montréal in 2016.
- Software engineering
- Software maintenance
- Software documentation
- Knowledge management
- Knowledge extraction
- Knowledge transfer
- Mathieu Nassif, Alexa Hernandez, Ashvitha Sridharan, and Martin P. Robillard. Generating Unit Tests for Documentation. To appear in IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 12 pages, 2021.
- Mathieu Nassif and Martin P. Robillard. Wikifying Software Artifacts. Empirical Software Engineering, 26(2): 31:1-31:31, March, 2021.
- Mathieu Nassif, Christoph Treude, and Martin P. Robillard. Automatically Categorizing Software Technologies. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 46(1):20-32, January, 2020.
- Mathieu Nassif, Christoph Treude, and Martin P. Robillard. Witt: Querying Technology Terms Based on Automated Classification. Research Demonstration. Companion Proceedings of the 41st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering, pages 53-66, May, 2019.
- Mathieu Nassif and Martin P. Robillard. Constructural Software Documentation. Extended Abstract. Companion Proceedings of the 41st IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering, pages 308-309, May, 2019.
- Mathieu Nassif. Embedding Constructural Documentation in Unit Tests. Master's Thesis. McGill University, 111 pages, October, 2018.
- Martin P. Robillard, Mathieu Nassif, and Shane McIntosh. Threats of Aggregating Software Repository Data. In Proceedings of the 34th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution, pages 508-518, September, 2018.
- Mathieu Nassif and Martin P. Robillard. Revisiting Turnover-Induced Knowledge Loss in Software Projects. In Proceedings of the 33rd IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution, pages 261–272, September, 2017.
Scholarships and Awards
- 2018, 2019: Lorne Trottier Fellowship
- 2018, 2019, 2020: Graduate Research Enhancement and Travel (GREAT) Award
- 2016, 2017: Graduate Excellence Award
- COMP 303, Software Design, Fall 2018
- COMP 303, Software Design, Winter 2021
- COMP 303, Software Design, Fall 2020
- COMP 599, Mobile Application Development, Winter 2020
- COMP 303, Software Design, Fall 2019
- COMP 303, Software Design, Winter 2019
- COMP 350, Numerical Computing, Fall 2018
- COMP 360, Algorithm Design, Winter 2018
- COMP 303, Software Design, Fall 2017
- COMP 303, Software Design, Winter 2017