(News feed from the Montreal Gazette)
- CAQ wins byelection in Quebec City suburb
As the ballots continued to pour in during the Lévis byelection Monday night, the Coalition Avenir Québec’s François Paradis surged to a commanding lead over the Liberal Party’s Janet Jones. Just after 9:30 p.m., Jones and Premier Philippe Couillard conceded defeat in the riding on Quebec City’s south shore at the party’s regional office. At […]
- Man shot by police in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu known to federal authorities: PM's office
Police shot a man after he hit two members of the Canadian Forces with his car on Monday morning and fled the scene.
- School board election campaign heats up at EMSB
The Nov. 2 school board election gets down and dirty
- Bernard Drainville seeking PQ leadership
To nobody's surprise, Bernard Drainvile is planning to make a run for the Parti Québécois leadership.
- Ebola threat under control: Quebec officials
The threat of an Ebola epidemic in Quebec is "infinitesimally " small, top health officials said Monday. Nonetheless, the province is prepared
- Public inquiry into deadly fire at L'Isle-Verte seniors' residence to start Nov. 17
Quebec's coroner's office has announced that a public inquiry into the deadly fire at a L'Isle-Verte seniors' residence will begin on Nov. 17 in Rivière-du-Loup.
- Conservative HQ received rotting package from Magnotta
The smell was of something rotting, the PM's deputy chief of staff, Jenny Byrn, e told Luka Magnotta's first-degree murder trial Monday. The package contained Lin Jun's severed hand.
- Recap: Live from the Luka Magnotta trial: Oct. 20
The Gazette Sue Montgomery tweets live from the trial of Luka Magnotta. This event contains graphic material.
- What does Montreal want to be and how does it get there?
Saddled with the laborious title of the “Montreal urban agglomeration land use and development plan,” it’s a grand vision that fails to generate much excitement in the public sphere.
- Hunters killing deer on Île aux hérons
Government biologists estimate that the optimal number of whitetail deer for a land area the size of the Lachine Rapids islands would be three. An aerial survey in 2012 pegged the number at 46.