Xue (Steve) Liu
•Professor, and William Dawson Scholar,
Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (FCAE); Fellow of the IEEE (FIEEE),
School of Computer Science,
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics (Courtesy appt.),
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
McGill University (See McGill's Reputation and Ranking)
• Vice President R&D, Chief Scientist, Co-Director
Samsung AI Center Montreal.
• Chair (2021-2023), ACM SIGBED.
• I am a faculty and associate member of Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms (MILA).
• I served as the Chief Scientist of Tinder Inc. from 2016-2019.
Tinder is the World's largest dating and social discovery app. Swipe Right! :-)
•Enterpreneurships and Experiences in Mentoring of Startups:
I am a Mentor and Fellow of
TandemLaunch, which is a Startup Foundry based in Montreal. See the portofoilo companies.
I have been a Technical Advisor of Aerial Technologies since 2015. Aerial is a startup company that integrates the power of wireless communications and artificial intelligence. It has raised $9 million fundings so far, from Intel Capital, Fonds Innovexport, Kibo Ventures, and Telefónica Open Innovation, etc.
I am an Advisor of Learnable Inc. , which is a human-centered smart education company powered by advanced AI. It was orginated from the Harvard Innovation Lab.
I am an Advisor of InfStones Inc. , which is a leading cloud-based blockchain infrastructure provider, based in Palo Alto.
• Service on Scientific Journal Editorial Boards:
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS), 2016-Present
- Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), 2016-2020
- Editor, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (COMST), 2013- 2017
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (TVT), 2013-2017
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2013-2015
• Other Profiles on the Internet:
Google Scholar Page, LinkedIn, Facebook
Office: McConnell Engineering Building
E-Mail:x...@c....ca (this is to reduce spams)
3480 University Street, Room 318
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 0E9
• Research Interests:
- AI, Machine Learning, and Applications
- Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)
- Green IT, Sustainability, and Smart Energy Systems
- Cloud Computing, Internet and Data Centers
- Computer Systems and Networking
• Quick Links:
• Recent Books Published: