Xue (Steve) Liu
•Professor, and William Dawson Scholar, IEEE Fellow
School of Computer Science,
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics (Courtesy appt.),
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
McGill University (See McGill's Reputation and Ranking)
• Vice President R&D, Chief Scientist, Co-Director
Samsung AI Center Montreal.
• I am a faculty and associate member of Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms (MILA).
• I served as the Chief Scientist of Tinder Inc. from 2016-2019.
Tinder is the World's largest dating and social discovery app. Swipe Right! :-)
•Enterpreneurships and Experiences in Mentoring of Startups:
I am a Mentor and Fellow of
TandemLaunch, which is a Startup Foundry based in Montreal. See the portofoilo companies.
I have been a Technical Advisor of Aerial Technologies since 2015. Aerial is a startup company that integrates the power of wireless communications and artificial intelligence. It has raised $9 million fundings so far, from Intel Capital, Fonds Innovexport, Kibo Ventures, and Telefónica Open Innovation, etc.
I am an Advisor of Learnable Inc. , which is a human-centered smart education company powered by advanced AI. It was orginated from the Harvard Innovation Lab.
I am an Advisor of InfStones Inc. , which is a leading cloud-based blockchain infrastructure provider, based in Palo Alto.
• Service on Scientific Journal Editorial Boards:
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS), 2016-Present
- Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), 2016-2020
- Editor, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (COMST), 2013- 2017
- Editor, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (TVT), 2013-2017
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2013-2015
• Other Profiles on the Internet:
Google Scholar Page, LinkedIn, Facebook
Office: McConnell Engineering Building
E-Mail:x...@c....ca (this is to reduce spams)
3480 University Street, Room 318
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 0E9
• Research Interests:
- AI, Machine Learning, and Applications
- Internet of Things (IoT), Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)
- Green IT, Sustainability, and Smart Energy Systems
- Cloud Computing, Internet and Data Centers
- Computer Systems and Networking
• Quick Links:
• Recent Books Published: