I am Meng Xuan Xia (夏梦轩), also known as
xiamx. I graduated from McGill University with a BSc. in Honours Computer Science. You can find me on Linkedin and Github. My research experience and previous work spans in the domain of Distributed System, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence and Formal Model Checking.
Here are some of my highlighted projects. You can find the full list under My Projects.
- TomatoCapsule: an elegantly designed, activity log backed Pomodoro Timer.
- Undercover Camera: take pictures and videos on the sly.
- Pure Luck: Random finger selector.
- Simply QR: QR generator that integrates with Windows 10 at its core.
Xia, Meng Xuan, and Jackie Chi Kit Cheung. “Accurate Pinyin-English Codeswitched Language Identification.” EMNLP 2016 (2016): 71.
Xia, Meng Xuan. “Codeswitching language identification using subword information enriched word vectors.” EMNLP 2016 (2016): 132.
- My Github
- Awesome Sentiment Analysis: Curated listed of sentiment analysis methods, implementations and misc.
- FastText for Windows: Unofficial facebookResearch/fastText binary build for Windows
- ssr-proxy: Server side rendering proxy for better SEO
- ns: Automatic news summarization and aggregation.
- Schemats: Generate typescript interface definitions from (postgres) SQL database schema.
- libmycourses: library for the mobile site of McGill’s MyCourses (https://mycourses2.mcgill.ca).
This blog also carries legacy notes I took for various undergraduate classes, you may find them helpful.