COMP 303 Fall 2008
Milestone 3 - GUI and Integration
To provide an opportunity to gain additional experience and skills with:
- GUI Programming
- The Observer design pattern
- Complete application development and deployment
Implement the GUI module (see the project overview) to complete your
Gin Rummy application.
This module should allow users to play an unlimited number of games
against a computer player. Your GUI should contain at the very least
the following elements:
In addition, the GUI module should enforce the rules of the game
(e.g., it should only reveal the computer player's cards once
they would be visible in an actual game).
- A visual representation of the human player's cards
- A visual representation of the computer players' cards
- A visual representation of the deck and discard pile
- A visual representation of players' decisions (discard, knock, etc.)
- A visual explanation of game points at the end of a game.
Implement additional features, such as the additional features
developed for Milestone 2. You can discuss feature ideas with the
Bonus marks for this part of the project will depend on the overall
quality of the project and are at the discretion of the instructor.
In addition, the TA and instructor will also select a best project,
which will be publicly released on the course webpage (with the
- A self-executing jar file containing all your code and class
files. Please submit
through WebCT. See the schedule for the deadline.
- A UML class diagram modeling the design of the GUI.
The diagram must be in jpeg format.
This part will be marked out of 40 and will be worth 40% of the
overall project grade. In marking your
project, we will looking for the following points:
- Overall quality of the design
- Correctness of the code (i.e., freedom from bugs)
- Completeness of the functionality
- Quality of the class diagram
- Interface quality (layout, responsiveness, etc.)
- Overall project quality