COMP 303 Fall 2004
Project Milestone 4
To provide an opportunity to gain additional experience and skills with:
- GUI Programming
- The Observer design pattern
- Complete application development and deployment
Implement the UI module (see the project overview) to complete your
poker game application.
This module should allow users to play an unlimited number of poker
games against computer players. Your GUI should contain at the very least
the following elements:
In addition, the GUI module should enforce the rules of the game
(e.g., it should only reveal the computer player's cards once
they would be visible in an actual game).
- A visual representation of the human player's cards
- A visual representation of the computer players' cards
- A visual representation of the bids
- A visual representation of players' decisions (call, stay, etc.)
- A visual tally of the total amount in the pot
Implement additional features, such as the additional features
developed for project parts 3. You can discuss feature ideas with the instructor.
Bonus marks for this part of the project will depend on the overall
quality of the project and are at the discretion of the instructor.
In addition, the TAs and instructor will also select a best project, which will be publicly
released on the course webpage (with the developers' permission).
- A self-executing jar file containing all your code and class
files. Please submit
through WebCT. See the schedule for the deadline.
- A UML class diagram modeling the design of the GUI.
The diagram must be in jpeg format.
This part will be marked out of 35 and will be worth 35% of the
overall project grade. In marking your
project, we will looking for the following points:
- Overall quality of the design
- Correctness of the code (i.e., freedom from bugs)
- Quality of the class diagram
- Interface quality (layout, responsiveness, etc.)
- Overall project quality