back to my homepage
- Learning probability distributions,
PIMS Summer School and Workshop on the Mathematical Foundations of Data Science, Vancouver, 1 August 2018.
- New techniques in distribution learning,
Concordia University, Montreal, 31 January 2018.
- Sample-efficient learning of mixture models,
Universität Tübingen Lunch Seminar Theoretical Computer Science, Tübingen, Germany, 13 July 2017.
- VC-dimension of neural networks,
Simons Institute Industry Day, Berkeley, 23 March 2017.
- The push&pull protocol for rumour spreading,
- Probability lab seminar, Montreal, 20 September 2017 (50 minute talk, slides)
- RANDOM 2017, Berkeley, 18 August 2017 (20 minute talk, slides)
The 6th biennial Canadian Discrete and Algorithmic Mathematics Conference (CanaDAM), Toronto, 15 June 2017
- Microsoft Research Redmond Lunch Theory seminar, Redmond, 1 March 2017
- University of Washington theory seminar, Seattle, 28 February 2017 (50 minute talk, slides)
- Some highlights of my research,
Tutte Colloquium, University of Waterloo, 10 February 2017.
- Load balancing by an asynchronous greedy algorithm,
Innovations in Theoretical Computer Science graduating bits,
Simons Institute, Berkeley, 9 January 2017.
- Rumour spreading in the spatial preferential attachment model,
Banff workshop on random geometric graphs, Banff Centre, 7 November 2016 (recorded talk, 30 mins),
CanaDAM 2015, University of Saskatchewan, 4 June 2015.
- Longest paths and diameter in random Apollonian networks,
UBC Probability seminar, University of British Columbia, 5 October 2016.
- Tight load balancing via randomlized local search,
Tutte Colloquium, University of Waterloo, 20 May 2016.
- Cops and a fast robber on planar and random graphs (first animation, second animation), UBC Discrete Math seminar, Vancouver, 27 October 2015,
UVIC Discrete Math seminar, Victoria, 5 November 2015.
- Cops and a fast robber on bounded-degree and random graphs (first animation, second animation), SFU Discrete Math seminar, Burnaby, 13 October 2015.
- The push&pull protocol for rumour spreading,
UBC Discrete Math seminar, Vancouver, 6 October 2015,
UVIC CS Theory seminar, Victoria, 6 November 2015.
Short versions of this talk were presented in
ACM PODC 2015, Donostia-San Sebastian, 23 July 2015, and Connections in Discrete Mathematics (a celebration of the work of Ron Graham), Simon Fraser University, 18 June 2015.
A poster of this work was presented in the Simons conference on random graph processes, Austin, 11 May 2016.
- Proving logarithmic upper bounds for diameters of random graphs, CanaDAM 2015, University of Saskatchewan, 4 June 2015,
STAR Workshop on Random Graphs, Radboud University Nijmegen, 10 April 2015.
- Diameter and Rumour Spreading in Real-World Network Models, PhD Defence, University of Waterloo, 2 April 2015.
- Bounds for Randomized Rumour Spreading Protocols, Mathematics Colloquium, Dalhousie University, Halifax, 20 November 2014.
A blackboard version of this talk was presented during the Research Programme on Algorithmic Perspective in Economics and Physics seminar, Centre de Recerca Matematica, Barcelona, 22 April 2015.
- It's a small world for random surfers, 18th International Workshop on Randomization and Computation (APPROX/RANDOM 2014), Barcelona, 6 September 2014.
- Randomized Rumour Spreading on Random k-trees, TRICS Research Group Seminar, University of Melbourne, 13 May 2014, and
Discrete Maths Research Group Seminar, Monash University, Melbourne, 5 May 2014.
- The diameters of two random graph models,
16th International Conference on Random Structures and Algorithms (RSA 2013), Poznan, 9 August 2013.
- On the Longest Paths in Random Apollonian Networks,
Discrete Maths Research Group Seminar, Monash University, Melbourne, 20 May 2013.
- Height of Random Trees and an Application in Random Apollonian Networks,
Probability seminar, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, 21 January 2013.
- On the Longest Path and the Diameter in Random Apollonian Networks,
Frontiers in Mathematical Sciences (Conference honouring Siavash Shahshahani),
Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, 26 December 2012.
- Active Property Testing of Linear Functions Over the Boolean Hypercube,
First IPM Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science (IPM-TACS 2012),
Institute for Research in Pure Sciences, Tehran, 22 December 2012.
- Random Apollonian Networks, Graph Theory Seminar, Ryerson University, Toronto, 28 November 2012.
- On a Dag Partitioning Problem,
9th Workshop on Algorithms and Models for the Web Graph (WAW), Dalhousie University, Halifax, 23 June 2012.
- On the Density of Nearly Regular Graphs with a Good Edge-Labelling, SIAM Conference on Discrete Mathematics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, 19 June 2012.
- Cops and Robber with Fast Robber on Interval Graphs and Chordal Graphs, 1st Graph Searching in Canada (GRASCan) Workshop, Ryerson University, Toronto, 26 May 2012.
- On The Density of Nearly Regular Graphs with a Good Edge-Labelling, Graph Theorey Seminar, Ryerson University, Toronto, 5 April 2012.
- A Randomly Embedded Random Graph is Not a Spanner, The 23rd Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG 2011), University of Toronto, 12 August 2011.
- On a Bounded Budget Network Creation Game, Graph Theory Seminar, Department of Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo, 20 July 2011.
- On a Generalization of Meyniel's Conjecture on the Cops and Robbers Game, The 3rd biennial Canadian Discrete and Algorithmic Mathematics Conference (CanaDAM 2011), University of Victoria, 1 June 2011.
- Cops and Robber Game with a Fast Robber on Expander Graphs and Random Graphs, The 19th Ontario Combinatorics Workshop (OCW 2011), Ryerson University, 6 May 2011.
- The Cops and Robber Game with a Fast Robber, Master’s thesis presentation in the Department of Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo, 4 March 2011 (LaTeX source).
- Complexity of the H-homomorphism problem: a new approach using the cylindrical construction, Advanced Topics in Graph Theory course, Sharif University of Technology, 3 February 2008.
- An Agent that plays Pacman, Presentation Methods course, Sharif University of Technology, 3 December 2007.
Last updated: 1 August 2018