back to my homepage
Best paper award at the 2018 Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (formerly known as NIPS)
for the paper Nearly tight sample complexity bounds for learning mixtures of Gaussians via sample compression schemes
- Winner of an IVADO postdoctoral scholarship (Fellow), 2018–2020 ($90,000 per year).
- Winner of a CRM-ISM Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2017–2019 ($50,000 per year).
- Winner of a Simons-Berkeley Research Fellowship, 2017 (USD $15,000 for 5 months).
- Winner of a Governor General's Gold Medal for the PhD thesis, 2015.
- Winner of an NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship for 2015–2017 ($45,000 per year).
- Winner of a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship for 2013–2015 ($50,000 per year).
- Winner of an Ontario Graduate Scholarship for 2012–2013 ($15,000).
- Winner of a University of Waterloo President's Graduate Scholarship for 2012-2013 ($10,000).
- Winner of an Ontario Graduate Scholarship for 2011-2012 (declined).
- 6th Team in IEEEXtreme 2008 – an international IEEE 24 Hour Programming Challenge, 2008.
- Gold Medal in Iranian Mathematical Olympiad, 2003.
Last updated: 3 December 2018