Computational Biologists/Bioinformaticians positions at Remedium AI
Application Period: July 31, 2018 - Aug. 30, 2018
Remedium AI is a Montreal start-up company capitalizing on recent breakthrough developments in Artificial Intelligence, using in-silico chemistry technologies that can address significant inefficiencies currently plaguing the pharmaceutical industry. The company has developed bioinformatics software that aims to reduce the complexity, time, and expenditures of drug development. The successful candidates will contribute information tools to further enhance the Remedium AI software platform.
We are looking to add 3 or more computational biologists/bioinformaticians to further develop the Remedium AI machine learning-based software package. You will apply your background knowledge gained through either graduate studies or work experience to the principal R&D challenge of drug development.
Proven expertise in the following domains is required for consideration in the position:
- Machine learning
- Protein chemistry/structure function combined with knowledge of Python and/or Java
- Knowledge/experience in Systems management will be an asset
- Develop and maintain custom software to support ongoing research activities
- Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies, and suggest innovative ways of analyzing and integrating said technologies into the Remedium AI software
- Use programming background to develop high-quality production code for the finished software product
- Work with other researchers to ensure that the bioinformatics tools are incorporated into the workflow to meet the need for efficient and correct interpretation of protein data
- Develop standard operating procedures, documentation, and validation documents
- Provide supervision and mentorship to bioinformatics trainees
Expertise and Skills Needed
- Strong expertise in bioinformatics and keen interests in specific themes of protein architecture for drug design
- Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, machine learning, computational biology, or advanced knowledge of protein structure function. Considerable experience in these fields could replace the requirement for an advanced degree
- Post-graduate experience with bioinformatics/computing/programming specifically as it relates to machine learning algorithms is required along with knowledge of protein structure/function
- Demonstrated strong programming abilities in one or more statistical or scripting languages (such as Python and Java, appropriate for scalable data analysis)
- Experience developing data infrastructure and tools with large-scale proteomic data processing technologies
- Ability to lead her/his own projects as well as collaborate well and contribute to the projects of others
- The seniority of the candidates will be established through the interview process
We are not currently offering visa sponsorships for this position; please apply only if you are currently eligible to work in Canada.
Remedium AI offers compensation packages commensurate with proven skills and experiences. You will have an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial environment and leverage your experience to tackle one of the fundamental problems facing modern drug research.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Please send a cover letter describing your interests, expertise, and research vision (1 page) and a CV containing contact information for two references. Reports, metrics and public profiles proving programming/computational skills are an asset. Position starts as soon as possible.