Application Period: Feb. 1, 2019 - Feb. 21, 2018
Contact: sheryl AT cs DOT mcgill DOT ca
Looking to hire a part-time Student help desk consultant to join the systems' team as a casual appointment.
Start Date: A.S.A.P.
End Date: August 31, 2019
His/her duties will include:
- troubleshooting/replacing computer hardware issues;
- recycling computer hardware for reuse;
- racking/wiring servers and help in server room maintenance;
- provide email and help desk support;
- coding projects;
- moving furniture and computers in research labs.
- experience administering linux systems;
- good attitude and solid communications skills to provide support to our users;
- demonstrated drive and willingness to learn new skills;
- strong written skills in English
Ideal candidate has experience in/with:
- linux - gnome environments;
- java programming and troubleshooting;
- installing software/drivers/printers in multiple computing environments;
- computing documentation;
- general troubleshooting;
- emphasis on graphics and web development skills.
To apply: forward your CV and cover letter to sheryl @ cs . mcgill.ca