EY looking for Data Engineer with 2-4 year experience
Application Period: May 17, 2018 - June 29, 2018
Contact: To apply, visit link below.
EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our IT Advisory Analytics practice works collaboratively with our clients to enhance their ability to use and interpret data, and develop their own enhanced information management capabilities to support better decision making, along with regulatory compliance within their business. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details.
Information and intelligence are the assets which enable this, and our Analytics practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this information, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges. We are working to integrate this capability into all Advisory service offerings and assists clients to leverage data as an asset throughout its business processes.
We are looking for someone to:
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Use data-mining techniques to collect and compile data from a wide variety of data repositories.
- Build learning systems that monitor data flows and react to changes in customer preferences and business objectives
- Build high-performance predictive and prescriptive algorithms using cutting-edge statistical techniques (e.g. neural networks).
- Research new machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- Collaborate with engineers to implement and deploy scalable solutions
- Provide thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leader
- Use data visualization tools to develop visuals that can be used to effectively communicate technical findings to a non-technical audience
- Teach data science concepts to more junior members of the team
We are looking for someone with:
- PhD with 1-2 years of experience or Masters with 3-4 years of experience in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field.
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics (Deep Learning and Bayesian statistics is a plus)
- Prototyping Expertise: quick to build proofs-of-concept involving data munging, scripting and analysis.
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, Theano or similar.
- Experience processing massive amounts of structured and unstructured data using Spark/SQL/Hive/Impala/HBase.
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (including Numpy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn)
- Experience with natural language processing
- Experience using Cloud computing (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience with Java, Scala, Python etc.
- Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Experience in areas such as data-driven statistical modeling, discriminative methods, feature extraction and analysis, supervised learning.
If you think you can meet the challenges of a focused consulting organisation, understand how to grow and lead in a large practice and work in the most complex of sectors our Analytics team is looking forward to hearing from you.
To apply, click https://eygbl.referrals.selectminds.com/experienced-opportunities/jobs/senior-consultant-–-data-analytics-25321
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.