Application Period: Feb. 8, 2018 - Feb. 15, 2018
Contact: sheryl AT cs DOT mcgill DOT ca
Job description: We seek a casual research assistant with a computer science background to help developing robotics and Internet-of-Things hardware and software systems. The application uses ROS, Unreal Engine and existing technologies developed in our lab, but additional research is needed. The individual will develop software systems, integrate software contents of different kinds, and be involved in project development and planning.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related area.
- Previous experience with robotic systems, especially ROS.
- Previous experience with robotics hardware systems, especially ROS-based.
- Proficiency with Linux and/or other UNIX -based operating systems.
- Proficiency with C and Python.
- Experience with Visual Studio, OpenCV would be desirable.
- Experience developing for Unreal Engine is highly desirable.
Hourly rate: $25 + applicable benefits
Full time hours, Exact schedule to be determined with supervisor
Start date: ASAP
End date: June 30, 2018