Design Automation Software Engineer
Mathworks Employment Opportunity...
Job #: 6206-TL
Job Title: Design Automation Software Engineer
Location: Natick MA
% Travel: None to Minimal
Area of Interest: Design Automation Software Engineer
You will work as part of a small high-energy team on the core features for Simulink and related design automation products.
You will be a senior software engineer working on core features for the Simulink family of products here at MathWorks. You will work closely with other members of a small team of highly talented engineers devoted to realizing world class design automation tools used by engineers and scientists all over the world in industries such as: automotive, aerospace, finance, signal processing and communications, and many others.
You will be required to work on all stages of software development including requirements specifications, architecture, design, implementation, and testing. Strong communication skills will be required as you will interact with many other teams.
- Ph.D., or Masters degree in computer science, electrical/computer engineering, physics, mathematics or other related engineering field
- At least 3 years of experience writing production software in C/C++ (Java and/or MATLAB are pluses as well)
- Excellent software design skills using OOD (UML is a big plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Knowledge/experience with GUI programming, UI component design, multi-threaded programming required
- Knowledge of multi-platform development, graphical programming, computer graphics, and metamodeling strongly desired
- Familiarity with MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and Qt are all pluses
- Must be self motivated and have a strong desire to make world class software tools