Principal Software Developer - Graphical Languages
MathWorks Employment Opportunities....
Job #: 6644-AB
Job Title: Principal Software Developer - Graphical Languages
Location: Natick MA
Travel: None to Minimal
Area of Interest: Principal Software Developer - Graphical Languages
You will work as part of a small team shaping our Simulink and Stateflow graphical programming language editors. You will invent and implement novel user interactions and features. You will increase the performance, scalability, and elegance of our tools, enabling scientists and engineers around the world to work more efficiently and effectively.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining large portions of our graphical editors. You will be taking designs all the way from concept to completion. You will not only design and code, but also document and communicate your ideas.
- Outstanding command of C++ (at least 4 years professional experience)
- At least one other strong programming language
- Masters, or PhD, in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related engineering field
- Broad comprehension of common design patterns, idioms, and styles
- Ability to document designs (UML a plus)
- Professional experience with UI programming (especially Qt)
- Leadership skills necessary to initiate and complete large independent projects
- Excellent communication, good working relationships
- Knowledge of meta-modeling is a plus
- Interactive graphics experience preferred