Senior Research Assistants - (DRSA)
Looking for a job in research in Science, Nuclear Engineering, Environmental Science or Forestry...The Senior Research Assistant positions will interest new or recent graduates looking for a career in research, or a focused work experience in Science, Nuclear Engineering, Environmental Science, or Forestry.
Participants work in one of our research partner facilities. Our partners include Atomic Energy of Canada Limited, National Research Council, and Natural Resources Canada, among others. Under the direction of a scientist or engineer, participants are assigned an original research project, and follow through each stage of the project to the completion of a comprehensive report. For a six week period, participants also mentor/tutor two high school students who participate in the project and earn high school coop credits. Research areas include: chemistry, physics, nuclear science and engineering, nanotechnology, biology, forestry or environmental sciences.
Work experience Locations:
* Chalk River, Ontario
* Deep River, Ontario
* Fredericton, New Brunswick
* Pinawa, Manitoba
* Graduate of University Science or Engineering Program
* 30 years of age (inclusive) or younger
* Have not participated in the Career Focus Program
* Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
* Not currently employed in field of study
* Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Rate of Pay: starting at $15 - $18 /hr
Work Experience Duration:
* Six-month work experience will start May 1, 2008
For further information visit our website www.drsa.ca or contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-760-3772.