Looking for possibly 2 part-time summer employees at CS
Work for the systems staff at CSLooking to hire a CS student to join the systems' team for the summer session
and possibly Fall/Winter sessions. Can anticipate a minimum of 15 hours per week at $18/hr.
Start date: May. 5, 2014
End date: Aug. 31, 2014
Start date: Sept. 1, 2014
End date: Nov. 30, 2014
Start date: Jan. 1, 2015
End date: Mar. 31, 2015
His/her duties will include:
- troubleshooting/replacing computer hardware issues;
- helping maintain computer labs (clean surfaces, tidy computer wiring,
- recycling computer hardware for reuse;
- racking/wiring servers and help in server room maintenance;
- meeting with academic staff at the start of each semester;
- data entry for our website (publications/tech reports/semester course
- update web content (prof/student profiles/school news);
- provide email and help desk support; and possible
- coding projects.
- good attitude and solid communications skills to provide support to our
- demonstrated drive and willingness to learn new skills;
- strong written skills in English; and
- a McGill student.
Ideal candidate has experience in/with:
- linux - gnome environments;
- java programming and troubleshooting;
- installing software/drivers/printers in multiple computing environments;
- computing documentation;
- general troubleshooting;
- emphasis on graphics and web development skills.
If interested in applying, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
a) Name/Student ID/Year (e.g. u0/u1/u2/u3);
b) Application session (e.g. Summer/Fall/Winter/All);
c) List 3 non-computer related skills;
d) List 5 computer-related skills;
e) Paragraph on why we should hire you over other applicants;
f) Detail any work-related experience; and finally
g) List 3 new interests that you have developed in the last 6 months.