LORIS Database Developer
Status: Full time
Salary: To be discussed
Nature of the function:
At the Douglas Mental Health University Institute of McGill University in Montreal, the “LORIS Database Developer” will be responsible for the coding, testing, debugging, support and documentation of the software for our network enabled neuroinformatic data management platform (LORIS). The development is done in multiple short iterations, emphasizing communication with end-users and the rest of the development team. The employee will work under the supervision of the LORIS system architect who will provide task assignments and under the direction of the project manager, who will monitor his/her development progress. The necessary training will be provided to the new employees.
- Test, debug, deploy the LORIS database system.
- Code new software components of the platform.
- Maintain a web portal for access to the platform.
- Coordinate the versioning, bug-tracking, and document management systems.
- Update the specifications and design documents accordingly.
- Use and improve code methodologies and standards.
- Develop and implement a testing suite for the project.
- Participate in team meetings, seminars, conferences, showcases and workshops.
- Reporting development progress and issues.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related
- 2 years related experience preferred.
- Web programming, object oriented programming, experience in PHP is an asset.
- Database development, experience in MySQL is an asset.
- Decent understanding to navigate in UNIX/LINUX.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Important to demonstrate strong communication skills in dealing with a diverse set of users.
- Troubleshooting and documentation skills. - Communicating in French is an asset.