Systems Administrator/Analyst at Concordia
Concordia University Libraries is a technology advanced library that offers creative, motivated and service-oriented individuals exceptional opportunities for growth and learning. The Library’s Systems Team employs and manages a broad range of technologies responsive to the Libraries information-rich environment and to the teaching and research needs of the University Community. It supports approximately 170 staff workstations, 300 public workstations, 200 laptops and more than 30 servers. The Libraries spans two campuses, with a staff of over 30 librarians and over 100 support staff. For more information about Concordia Libraries see http://library.concordia.ca/.
Concordia University Libraries is seeking a skilled Systems Administrator/Analyst. Part of a team of IT specialists and under the direction of the Systems Support Manager, the Systems Administrator/Analyst works to design, implement and support servers and desktops in a Microsoft enterprise environment. Also serves as a senior technical resource, working closely with the Systems Team to deliver effective and reliable systems to support the libraries projects and operations.
- Plan, implement, upgrade and administer servers, including configuration, scripting, software upgrades and performance monitoring.
- Plan, design and centrally manage Microsoft desktops including the design and updates of images, group policy configurations, scripting, and use of management resources such as Microsoft SCCM or SCOM.
- Plan, implement and manage servers and desktops security functions, including firewall configuration, file server backups and disaster and recovery planning.
- Bring improvements to the IT environment to facilitate its evolution and to respond effectively to the needs of the organization.
- Develop and recommend systems standards, policies and procedures. Develop and keep up to date systems documentation.
- Provide systems programming for web and database services.
- Work collaboratively with Systems and Library staff; liaise with IITS (Instructional and Information Technology Services) and other University departments. Provide backup to other analysts and to the Systems Support Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of experience with Microsoft servers.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows systems administration, including Active Directory. Exchange server and IIS experience is an asset.
- Experience in designing, managing and securing workstations in a networked, enterprise environment.
- Experience with network equipment and protocols such as TCP/IP and DNS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, SCOM and Sysprep.
- Experience with Microsoft VBScript and Windows batch files.
- Knowledge of Linux server is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to document procedures.
- Good spoken and written English (Level 4) to provide complex information and clear explanations. Spoken French is an asset.
- The position includes a competitive and comprehensive benefit package.
- Salary Range: $57,922.98 - $69,223.30 per annum
Please send a letter of application and your curriculum vitae on February 4, 2011 to:
Reference Systems Administrator/Analyst (P4331B)
1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. West