Vircom: Software Developers in R&D
Located in downtown Montreal, in an open-concept office, Vircom puts huge emphasis on the personal development of its employees. Flex time, snacks and soda, and video games for relaxing are part of the fun, but so is the work. You will get to contribute to real projects, writing or testing real production code that will end up running on our customers servers. You will get to work in a true agile development environment, surrounded by a team of accomplished professionals who will help you learn and hone your skills and will treat you as an equal. In return they will ask that you challenge yourself, commit to improving and focus on getting things done and doing what it takes to exceed expectations. It is no more than we ask from all our employees.
Software Developer (C, C++, VB, .NET)
Reporting to the Senior Analysts, the successful candidate will participate in the products’ development and their functions, including the systems’ components (C, C++, SQL, etc.) and user interfaces (VB, .NET, etc.), and ensures the functionality of all that he/she has coded. If you prove to be really talented, then we might even give you a chance to work in the filtering code. For that to happen we expect that you have more than just a passing interest in pattern recognition.
· Code software components;
· Fix bugs and help with bug support when needed;
· Help implement quality and coding standards;
· Write some technical documentation on designs;
· Write automated unit tests to protect your code against future bugs;
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program in Computer or Software Engineering (ideally 2 years have been completed);
· Bilingualism (French and English), oral and written;
· Critical thinker;
· Does not hesitate to suggest improvements to design elements;
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, rigorous and detail oriented person;
· Persistent and curious in problem solving;
· Capacity to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
· Team player;
· Autonomy and flexibility.
· Relevant professional or coop experience within a software development company, ideally in a software developer or applications support role;
· Knowledge of the Windows development environment (Visual Studio 6 and 2005);
· Knowledge of the various Microsoft technologies;
· Programming in VB or C++ or TCL or Perl;
· Programming .NET (Visual Basic);
· Development of web application (HTML, ASP, Java-Script);
· Some knowledge of SQL.
Directeur Général / COO
Email Security Blog | emailsecuritymatters.com
Toll free / Sans frais : 1.888.484.7266
T. 514.845.1666 ext. 237