Assignment #2 - 90B
Assignment #2 - 90B
============ Weight 20
Due 28 September
E-Mail to: HCAB
KFC in Engineering and Physics are 3 temperature scales
Kelvin, Fahrenheit and Centrigrade (also called Celsius)
Write a FORTRAN program that will convert a set of values
read in in Centrigrade into the other two scales.
Your program should have a title to identify what the
program does, followed by a blank line and then a heading
above each column of displayed output stating the units.
To get full marks in this assignment (20 out of 20)
you have to:-
1. Run your program on FORTRAN 90 in the EMF on a 486/586
2. Capture the source code listing, and the program output
which will include the input data. This can be done with the
DOS redirection symbol > as in
c:>assign2 < assign2.in > assign2.out
where assign2 is an executable version of your FORTRAN 90 program
assign2.in is your input data
assign2.out is the output which you are going to submit.
3. Send your assign2.out file to MUSIC B by starting a mainframe
connection from the main EMF menu. This program is NET3270
4. Once signed onto to your own MUSIC B account
use an ALT-S to send your assign2.out file to MUSIC B.
5. Then using the MUSIC B E-Mail from your HC-- account,
MAIL the assign2.out file to HCAB <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Help and Assistance.
1. Your program should look something like P22.F90
2. It will have a READ statement to input the data
3. It will have a DO ... and an END DO for repeated execution
For the over-achievers in the class there are BONUS marks (25/20 ?)
1. Find a more elegant way of stopping the program, then just
running out of data and getting an error message.
2. Count the number of data values read and print this at the end.
3. Make your program more general by reading in a temperature
value followed by a code K or F or C, and then convert
the input temperature to the other 2 scales.
On your output identify which was input scale (K/F/C).