COMP 330 HOME PAGE
Theory of Computation
The Instructor: Prakash Panangaden (during office hours)
Announcements about the course will be posted here. Long handouts will be in
- The mid-term test will be held on 15th October in the evening from
7pm to 8:30pm in two rooms: McConnell 304 and McDonald Harrington
G-10. If your last name starts with the letters: A through L please go
to McConnell, all others please go to McDonald Harrington.
- Someone recently said COMP 330 is interesting but you will only see
things that have no applications. Please check
the following link. for dissenting opinions.
- Please check the TA office hours, Tricia has changed her office
hours again . She has also moved to the TA room in Trottier.
- Yaqiao Li has an emergency and has to leave immediately for China.
His office hours are cancelled until further notice. We wish him the
best of luck and look forward to an early return.
- Lecture Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Lecture Place: 112 Rutherford
- Instructor's Office Hours: Mon 11:30---1:00 and Th 1:30---3:00
- Instructor's Office: McConnell (North Wing) 105N
- Discussion groups are on myCourses
Course Outline and Schedule
Teaching Assistants and their office hours
- Giulia Alberini: 235 McConnell Wed 8:30--10:30
- Harrison Humphrey: 110 McConnell Fri 1:00--3:00
- Yaqiao Li: Temporarily suspended.
- Tricia Olson: Trottier TA room Wed 11:00 -- 1:00
- Pascale Gourdeau : 112 McConnell Tue 9:00--11:00 (Tomlinson
Assignments and their solutions will be posted here. They will be
in pdf format.
Supplementary notes are here.
McGill University values academic integrity. Therefore all students
must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and
other academic offenses under the Code of Student Conduct and Disciplinary
Procedures ( see
http://www/mcgill.ca/integrity for more information). Most
importantly, work submitted for this course must represent your own
efforts. Copying assignments or tests from any source, completely or
partially, or allowing others to copy your work, will not be tolerated.
The Instructor when you drop in while he is having a meeting.