COMP362: Honors Algorithms
- Mohit Singh
- Office: Room 324, McConnell Building
- Contact: mohit (at) cs (dot) mcgill (dot) ca
Lectures and Office Hours
- Lecture: TR 2:35 PM- 3:55PM, McConnell 320.
- Office Hours: Wed 4:00-5:00PM, McConnell 324.
- Omar Fawzi. omar.fawzi (at) mail (dot) mcgill (dot) ca
- Office: Room 311, McConnell Bldg.
- Office Hours: Wednesday and Friday 10:00-11:00AM
This course will cover some basic and advanced algorithmic techniques. Topics covered in the course will include dynamic programming, randomized algorithms, linear programming, graph algorithms, NP-completeness, approximation algorithms and online algorithms.
- Required: Algorithm Design, Kleinberg and Tardos, Addison Wesley 2005.
- Introduction to Algorithms, Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest and Stein, 3rd Edition, 2009.
- 5 Homeworks : 25%
- Mid-Term : 25%
- Final Exam : 50%
- Right to submit in English or French written work that is to be graded.
In accord with McGill University's Charter of Students' Rights, students in this course have the right to submit in English or in French any written work that is to be graded.
- Academic Integrity statement.
McGill University values academic integrity. Therefore all students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Code of Student Conduct and Disciplinary Procedures (see www.mcgill.ca/students/srr/honest/ ) for more information).