COMP 303 Fall 2008
Milestone 0 - Project Setup
Version 1.0 - 2 September 2008
- To familiarize yourself with the Eclipse Platform.
- To learn how to import and manage projects in Eclipse.
- To understand how to setup and use CVS through Eclipse.
- To review Java programming and start familiarizing yourself with
some of the basic Java 1.5 constructs.
- To familiarize yourself with the JUnit testing framework.
At this point your environment is all set to go except for setting up
your CVS repository. Make sure to read all the code in the project to
understand how it works. More details will be provided in class.
- Make sure you have access to an installed version of Eclipse 3.3.
- Download the project archive on your local drive.
- Open Eclipse.
- In the Package Explorer, right-click and select
Import.... Choose the General category and select
Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Select the Select archive file radio button, browse to
the comp303-m0.zip file you just downloaded, and select
it. Under Projects:, the ginrummy-m0 should appear.
- Click Finish. The project should now be installed in your
- Expand the tests package and navigate to the
BasicTests class. Right-click on the class and select
Runs As | JUnit Test. The test results will appear in a new
view. You will notice a red bad, indicating a failed test. This is
because you need to run the test VM with the assertion checks enabled.
- From the main menu, select Run | Open Run Dialog.... In
the left pane, under JUnit, select the BasicTests
configuration. Then, on the right pane, select the Arguments
tab. In the second white box (VM arguments), enter
-ea. Select Apply, then Run. The tests
There is no formal evaluation for this part. However, your knowledge
of the material is necessary to complete the other parts of the
project, and is subject to examination.