COMP 303 Fall 2006
Project Part 0
- To familiarize yourself with the Eclipse Platform.
- To learn how to import and manage projects in Eclipse.
- To understand how to setup and use CVS through Eclipse.
- To review Java programming and start familiarizing yourself with
some of the basic Java 1.5 constructs.
- To familiarize yourself with the JUnit testing framework.
- Make sure you have access to an installed version of Eclipse 3.2.
- Create a new Java project with a different source and output folder.
- Import the content of project-0.zip
into your new project (right click on your project and select
Import | General | Archive File.) You should agree to
override the .classpath file.
- Study the code in the different classes.
- Execute the test suite:
- Right-click on UtilTestSuite.java
- Select Run As | JUnit Test. The JUnit testbench should
execute and display a red bar (indicating a failing test). You need
to enable the assertions to make the test pass:
- From the main menu bar, select Run | Run...
- In the area on the left, select UtilTestSuite (you can
give it a new name if you want).
- Select the Arguments tab and add -ea under
VM arguments. Click Apply, then Run.
Things should be green now.
- Experiment with the various util classes by writing unit
tests for them.
There is no formal evaluation for this part. However, your knowledge
of the material is necessary to complete the other parts of the
project, and is subject to examination.