2001 CS206B Questions & Answers
Office Hours: Thursday: 10:00 - 13:00, in room MC328
- Where/when do lectures take place ?
LEA 219, Tuesday and Thursday 16:00 - 17:30.
- What are the grading weight factors ?
Assignment grades and exam grades are not negotiable !
- Assignments: 30%
- Midterm: 20%
- Final: 50%
Assignments are important, not only because of their contribution to
the total grade but also because they prepare you well for the final
- What are the texbooks ?
- Who are the TAs and what are their hours ?
All TAs will have office hours in MC335.
- How do I find out more about UNIX ?
Take one of the
seminars organised by SOCS. Their website also contains
the seminar handouts which will help you get started.
- Beginner: Thu, Jan. 25, 2001, 13:00-14:30, MC103
- Intermediate: Tue, Jan. 30, 2001, 11:30-13:00, MC103
- Advanced: Thu, Feb. 1, 2001, 13:00-14:30, MC320
- A structured overview of the examples
presented in class.
- The raw examples from the book
(some slightly modified by HV, some new ones added).
Suggest how VisualCM could be improved by filling out the
- 308-206B Tue Aug 29 - 14:00 BH
- The exam covers exactly the same subjects as the final