- Please refer to this page for global announcements
- Specific announcements will be posted on the discussion boards of Web CT.
Free C Compiler
1) COMP-206 is a 3-credit full semester course in Software Development under the UNIX environment. It is offered in both the fall and winter semesters, and is a required course for students in many of our degree programs. It provides a brief but comprehensive introduction to and overview of the C programming language and how to use it with the UNIX environment to build software.
(2) This is not only a course on how to program in C and use Unix. This course focuses on software systems. And this relates to how differing software, languages and environments can be integrated to work together. In this light the course also teaches programming in Python, Perl, HTML & CGI.
(3) The attempt will be to integrate C, Python, Perl, HTML and Unix Shell programming into a single application solution!!
(4) COMP 206 sets the stage for follow-on courses, COMP-273 and COMP-310.
(5) This course also gives the student software management skills in the form of the GNU tool set.