Upcoming Concert Dates
Please see theunicorns.net/shows for
Former Concert Dates
- Saturday, September 26th, 2003 :: Montreal, QC, La Sala Rossa (Pop Montreal). 9PM.
- Saturday, July 5th, 2003 :: Montreal, QC, Pasalamany's slumberparty.
- Saturday, June 28th, 2003 :: Montreal, QC, Casa del Popolo. 9 PM. With Soft Canyon.
- Saturday, June 14th, 2003 :: Montreal, QC, The Bread Factory. 617 St Remi.
- Saturday, May 31st, 2003 :: Montreal, QC, Jupiter Room. With The Microphones.
- Monday, May 26th, 2003 :: Montreal, QC, CKUT 90.3, on-air live performance + interview.
- Wednesday, May 7th, 2003 :: Montreal, QC, La Sala Rossa. With Daniel Johnston.
- Thursday, August 15th, 2002 :: Victoria, BC, Thursday's Pub.
- Friday, March 15th, 2002, at 1900 :: Montreal, QC, Concordia University
(D.B. Clark Theatre Foyer).
- Saturday, March 2nd, 2002, at 1700 :: Montreal, QC, loft on St-Laurent
(next to Bar Fly).
- Thursday, February 21st, 2002, at 2030 :: Montreal, QC, Bar Fly.
- Shows in Vancouver, BC.
- Shows in Courtenay, BC.
- Shows in Campbell River, BC.
Former Concert Comments
Saturday, June 14th, 2003
The Bread Factory, The Unicorns' spacious loft, was packed silly. The
Unicorns played a really energetic set. For one song Alden was playing
drums with his right hand, keyboard with his left, and singing in sync with
Nick and his guitar... it was a marvel to see. They played a "fake" set,
and then moved onto their "real" set. There used to be a time when the
audience would listen to each song with suprise, now they get excited about
a song based on just a few opening notes.
Saturday, May 31st, 2003
The Unicorns played a strong set, whose theme seemed to be death,
beginning with "I don't wanna die" and ending with "I'm ready to die."
A couple of weeks later, Nick commented that "It's all about death from now
Thursday, August 15th, 2002
The Unicorns played a big show in Victoria, BC, on Thursday, August 15th, 2002.
The venue was Thursday's Pub. They played with one of Nick's
favorite musical groups, The Microphones (K records). The Unicorns sported
new gear: Alden got two great old 1970s era synthesizers and Nick got a
keyboard-guitar and a wicked drum machine.