Junior Data Scientist
ViaScience creates and applies unique, proprietary software to help executives at Fortune 500 companies make better decisions.
ViaScience creates and applies unique, proprietary software to help executives at Fortune 500 companies make better decisions. To do this, our software analyzes trillions of data points from diverse sources to separate cause and effect from coincidence and correlation. ViaScience has successfully launched market-leading companies in the investment and healthcare sectors led by visionary domain experts and is now expanding into new domains.
Description of Position:
Successful candidates will be required to find, merge, and analyze large complex data sets to help our customers predict events that impact critical customer behaviors such as sales, marketing effectiveness, customer retention and other metrics important to profitable growth. The candidates will work alongside the founders and senior management to assist with business activities that will drive the growth of the company.
We are looking for people with a passion for transformative ideas and an understanding of the power of predictive analytics and Big Data. We are an early stage company and are looking for people interested in working in a startup environment.
The application deadline is October 22, 2012. We are looking for candidates to start as soon as possible thereafter.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience with Java, Python and/or R
- A recent graduate in computer science (esp. machine learning), applied mathematics/statistics, engineering or natural science with a computational or modeling focus. Students nearing completion will also be considered.
- Previous experience with Big Data would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.